FORUMS FORUM RSSrss icon

Has anyone had strange smelling urine during menopause?

Forum Jump

View Unanswered Threads
onlymeuk5
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Subject: Has anyone had strange smelling urine during menopause?
It's bizarre - my urine smells like smoke. I did a search on the internet - seems easier than going to the doctor - and the first link was to a menopause site that talked of urine smelling of amonia and that it's perfectly normal. Has anyone else experience this?
ju_lieuk
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Subject: Re: Has anyone had strange smelling urine during menopause?
I haven't tried to identify the type of smell, but my urine is much stronger than before. I don't like this getting older business!
Peonie_Rose
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
I think this is something to do with the Paturity gland. I noticed a smell i remembered from when i started puberty. So maybe smells personal to you, are normal in the Menopause?

I do remember being told that the smell we all thought everyone could smell when starting puberty could NOT be smelled by anyone else. This will be the case now, as the smell you are picking up won't be smelled by anyone else, i expect?
onlymeuk5
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Thanks, I hate to think it's just me
Joanne_Nunn
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
[Hello, I haven't gone through menopause yet, I don't think.....My periods are still regular, I sometimes wake up hot, but not a hot flush. BUT I have noticed a smell when I pass urine. A smell that I have never noticed before, only the last month or 2. Is this a symtom of menopause??? I have just turned 48. I am interested to know now.QUOTE]It's bizarre - my urine smells like smoke. I did a search on the internet - seems easier than going to the doctor - and the first link was to a menopause site that talked of urine smelling of amonia and that it's perfectly normal. Has anyone else experience this?
Posted by onlyme[/quote]
dingledolly
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Quoted:
It's bizarre - my urine smells like smoke. I did a search on the internet - seems easier than going to the doctor - and the first link was to a menopause site that talked of urine smelling of amonia and that it's perfectly normal. Has anyone else experience this?
Posted by onlyme

My hot flushes have suddenly increased to about twelve a day and, yes, my urine sometimes smells like smoke! What with the foggy brain (forgetting the beginning of sentences when I've reached the end of them), vaginal dryness, 2-week periods and aching joints I'm either ready for the funny farm or a rest home.
Lissieuk1
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
I had exactly the same thing - quite definitely, strong and a smell of smoke.

It did turn out a had a cyst on one of my ovaries but along the way it was discovered that I had a long-standing urinary tract infection, something else that seems quite likely. This also made me very tired and the nurse who tested my urine at the surgery said this all made sense.

It may be an idea to have a test - some things seem to be more usual at the time of menopause.
Who's online?

craftyheidi |  Denise-54 |  janetsweetpea

Join us here...

Click on a magazine title to see all its online features and news
Prima
Stain buster Our guide to removing smudges, spots, and other spills.
See more stain busting solutions >

Community

Directory View all offers

MORE FROM ALLABOUTYOU

View by magazine : View by magazine Prima