FORUMS FORUM RSSrss icon

Ovarian Cysts

Forum Jump

View Unanswered Threads
secondhand_roseuk
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Subject: Ovarian Cysts
Has anyone out there been diagnosed with an ovarian cyst. I recently have. I have been told it will need to be removed, but not sure what to expect. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

dilydaydream
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Subject: Re: Ovarian Cysts
Quoted:
Has anyone out there been diagnosed with an ovarian cyst. I recently have. I have been told it will need to be removed, but not sure what to expect. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Posted by secondhand rose

Hiya - well unfortunately I am an expert on the subject of ovarian cysts. I have had 8 ops to remove them the last 20 years!

First of all dont worry. There are several options to ask your doctor. First of all do you know how big the cyst is? If its small enough they may decide to aspirate it (burst it) via your vagina. If its bigger and impacting on other organs in the pelvic area they may operate usually they do keyhole surgery which is relatively straightforward and needs minimal recovery time. Also the scarring is minimal. However if the cyst is large and/or you have complicated medical history they will do the operation as in a major abdominal operation. This is obviously more traumatic on your body. The recovery time can be a few months. You will need to take at least a month off work with this option and you will need to listen to the advise given for the recovery. No wonderwoman antics! If you are scared or need more info contact me again.... As I said I have had 8 ops and sad to say at 37 the only thing I excel in is creating ovarian cysts. Currently have 7 on my remaining ovary!
secondhand_roseuk
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
[Hi Dilydaydream, thank you so much for replying to my post. Its such a relief to talk to someone who has been in the same situation. I would certainly like to talk to you some more. Thanks again. SHR xQUOTE] Hiya - well unfortunately I am an expert on the subject of ovarian cysts. I have had 8 ops to remove them the last 20 years! First of all dont worry. There are several options to ask your doctor. First of all do you know how big the cyst is? If its small enough they may decide to aspirate it (burst it) via your vagina. If its bigger and impacting on other organs in the pelvic area they may operate usually they do keyhole surgery which is relatively straightforward and needs minimal recovery time. Also the scarring is minimal. However if the cyst is large and/or you have complicated medical history they will do the operation as in a major abdominal operation. This is obviously more traumatic on your body. The recovery time can be a few months. You will need to take at least a month off work with this option and you will need to listen to the advise given for the recovery. No wonderwoman antics! If you are scared or need more info contact me again.... As I said I have had 8 ops and sad to say at 37 the only thing I excel in is creating ovarian cysts. Currently have 7 on my remaining ovary!
Posted by dilydaydream[/quote]
dilydaydream
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Quoted:
[Hi Dilydaydream, thank you so much for replying to my post. Its such a relief to talk to someone who has been in the same situation. I would certainly like to talk to you some more. Thanks again. SHR xQUOTE] Hiya - well unfortunately I am an expert on the subject of ovarian cysts. I have had 8 ops to remove them the last 20 years! First of all dont worry. There are several options to ask your doctor. First of all do you know how big the cyst is? If its small enough they may decide to aspirate it (burst it) via your vagina. If its bigger and impacting on other organs in the pelvic area they may operate usually they do keyhole surgery which is relatively straightforward and needs minimal recovery time. Also the scarring is minimal. However if the cyst is large and/or you have complicated medical history they will do the operation as in a major abdominal operation. This is obviously more traumatic on your body. The recovery time can be a few months. You will need to take at least a month off work with this option and you will need to listen to the advise given for the recovery. No wonderwoman antics! If you are scared or need more info contact me again.... As I said I have had 8 ops and sad to say at 37 the only thing I excel in is creating ovarian cysts. Currently have 7 on my remaining ovary! Posted by dilydaydream

Posted by secondhand rose[/quote]

sorry just seen your reply. email me on dilydaydream@yahoo.co.uk [url]mailto:dilydaydream@yahoo.co.uk[/url] and I will answer anything you want.
secondhand_roseuk
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
On the 4th August I went for an ultrasound scan at my local hospital. The ultrasound was to check out my billiary system, as I had been having 'colicy' type pains for quite a while. Not finding anything untoward in this area, the sonographer decided to check my pelvic region, and there he found what was initially thought to be an ovarian cyst. I was shocked as I had not experienced any pain or discomfort in this area. With some speed, he organised another more detailed scan for me on the same day. The results were with my GP the next day, he arranged referral to a Gynaecologist immediately. My appointment came through within a few days. I was seen by a Gynaecologist who diagnosed an ovarian tumour,he was very calm and very reassuring and arranged surgery for me very quickly. I am now 6 days post operative, feeling a little fragile, but full of gratitude and admiration for all the NHS staff who provided me with such wonderful care through the whole process.

If there is anyone else out there post hysterectomy, I would really love to chat with you.

SHR x
Who's online?

Join us here...

Click on a magazine title to see all its online features and news
Prima
Stain buster Our guide to removing smudges, spots, and other spills.
See more stain busting solutions >

Community

Directory View all offers

MORE FROM ALLABOUTYOU

View by magazine : View by magazine Prima