FORUMS FORUM RSSrss icon

Do you have an electric AGA

Forum Jump

View Unanswered Threads
scattycatuk1
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Subject: Do you have an electric AGA
We are looking into swapping our ancient and expensive to run oil powered AGA for something more economical. Does anyone have experience of the 13 amp electric AGA or the night storage version? Or do you have another make of electric range oven which would tick all the right boxes?

It needs to be on all the year round and is the only form of heating in our kitchen. Doesn't need to provide hot water necessarily.
azaleauk3
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Subject: Re: Do you have an electric AGA
Quoted:
We are looking into swapping our ancient and expensive to run oil powered AGA for something more economical. Does anyone have experience of the 13 amp electric AGA or the night storage version? Or do you have another make of electric range oven which would tick all the right boxes?It needs to be on all the year round and is the only form of heating in our kitchen. Doesn't need to provide hot water necessarily.
Posted by scattycat

scattycat my sister had her electric aga installed about two months ago and absolutely loves it - not sure how economical it is though, I shall have to ask her. You'll need a good kitchen floor - they're surprisingly heavy !
leizone
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Quoted:
We are looking into swapping our ancient and expensive to run oil powered AGA for something more economical. Does anyone have experience of the 13 amp electric AGA or the night storage version? Or do you have another make of electric range oven which would tick all the right boxes? It needs to be on all the year round and is the only form of heating in our kitchen. Doesn't need to provide hot water necessarily.
Posted by scattycat

What is the AGA?
scattycatuk1
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
I forgot I'd posted this. I have had my 13 amp electric Aga for 3 years & I absolutely love it. Much cheaper to run and more reliable than the old oil version.
southportgirl
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
i have just taken ownership of a dual fuel (gas hob electric ovens) rangemaster cooker. have never cooked with gas and am bamboozled by the 2 ovens and to a lesser degree the seperate grill.

i have read the booklet that comes with it but not very clear for me anyway.

is there such a thing as a cookery book out there that would explain what recipe goes into what oven and what part of the oven. am willing to have a go but don't want to waste food or brain cells doing it.
cornhill
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
We did have an electric Aga but now have an Everhot which is much cheaper to run.
Have a look at the Everhot forum.
Who's online?

Pondlife- |  vonnie52

Join us here...

Click on a magazine title to see all its online features and news
Prima
Stain buster Our guide to removing smudges, spots, and other spills.
See more stain busting solutions >

Community

Directory View all offers

MORE FROM ALLABOUTYOU

View by magazine : View by magazine Prima