FORUMS FORUM RSSrss icon

Electric Aga?

Forum Jump

View Unanswered Threads
hootsjimmie
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Subject: Electric Aga?
As our oil-fired 2-oven Aga is now costing us around £1400 per annum to run we are looking at alternatives. We love the look of the traditional cast iron heat storage range cooker. We are considering the 13amp electric Aga apparently (according to Aga) uses 220 KWh per week which would work out at about £1100 per annum so it isn't a massive saving but I understand the AIMs system can reduce this by a fair amount. Does anyone have any experience as to how much it can save?

We are also considering the Everhot which allows you to control each oven indpendently.

Lastly we are considering the Redfyre Electric which actually isn't a traditional heat storage cooker at all. It looks like one but is actually a normal cooker with a "warmfront" which keeps the front of the cooker warm. This seems to be a lot cheaper than the electric Aga to run.

Does anyone who has any experience of the above cookers?
worstwitchuk1
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Subject: Re: Electric Aga?
There is a thread on Everhots on Interiors. Also, if you look at the old Country Living site, you should be able to find an enormously long thread on Everhot. I spent weeks reading up on all these things and Everhot seemed to come out ahead of everything else. The man at www.cosi.co.uk http://www.cosi.co.uk is enormously helpful if you want to speak to an expert. I ended up ordering my cooker from there even though he is miles away just because I thought he deserved the business after helping so much for free!
Anthea_Davies
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Quoted:
[Hi I too was in a dilemma regarding whether to buy an electric aga. However after doing lots and lots of research I plumped for the everhot and it arrives on Thursday the 24th July!! It looks to be alot more controllable than an Aga, and although it provides a gentle background heat it doesn't throw out the amount of heat which an Aga can. I went for the everhot 100i, which has an induction plate, so in the summer the hot plate can be turned of completely if necessaryQUOTE]As our oil-fired 2-oven Aga is now costing us around £1400 per annum to run we are looking at alternatives. We love the look of the traditional cast iron heat storage range cooker. We are considering the 13amp electric Aga apparently (according to Aga) uses 220 KWh per week which would work out at about £1100 per annum so it isn't a massive saving but I understand the AIMs system can reduce this by a fair amount. Does anyone have any experience as to how much it can save?We are also considering the Everhot which allows you to control each oven indpendently.Lastly we are considering the Redfyre Electric which actually isn't a traditional heat storage cooker at all. It looks like one but is actually a normal cooker with a "warmfront" which keeps the front of the cooker warm. This seems to be a lot cheaper than the electric Aga to run.Does anyone who has any experience of the above cookers? Posted by hootsjimmie

Posted by poodlepal[/quote]

Our Redfyre Electric works great, very quick to heat up and cheap to run - we love the Warmfront!!!!
poodlepal
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
[Hi I too was in a dilemma regarding whether to buy an electric aga. However after doing lots and lots of research I plumped for the everhot and it arrives on Thursday the 24th July!! It looks to be alot more controllable than an Aga, and although it provides a gentle background heat it doesn't throw out the amount of heat which an Aga can. I went for the everhot 100i, which has an induction plate, so in the summer the hot plate can be turned of completely if necessaryQUOTE]As our oil-fired 2-oven Aga is now costing us around £1400 per annum to run we are looking at alternatives. We love the look of the traditional cast iron heat storage range cooker. We are considering the 13amp electric Aga apparently (according to Aga) uses 220 KWh per week which would work out at about £1100 per annum so it isn't a massive saving but I understand the AIMs system can reduce this by a fair amount. Does anyone have any experience as to how much it can save?We are also considering the Everhot which allows you to control each oven indpendently.Lastly we are considering the Redfyre Electric which actually isn't a traditional heat storage cooker at all. It looks like one but is actually a normal cooker with a "warmfront" which keeps the front of the cooker warm. This seems to be a lot cheaper than the electric Aga to run.Does anyone who has any experience of the above cookers?
Posted by hootsjimmie[/quote]
woodyuk6
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
You may also want to consider that the Redfyre Universal can switch to electric oven, hob and grill when you have the main oil, LPG or Oil burner off. So if you have the main burner turned off for around half the year, it can cost you half as little to run and mean half the Co2 emissions
littleboot2
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
We decided on an Everhot and wouldn't have anything else. Its so economical to run, easy to install, and isn't so heavy as to have additional requirements like reinforcements to the floor etc. Plus you can have two ovens in the space of one kitchen unit rather than two, because the control box is compact. You can see pictures of it in our French home at http://www.thetasteofcalvados.com/
agaovenservice
Send message
REPLY QUOTE Posted :
Hi I am now an independant aga engineer but was the senior engineer at aga, your best bet is to go for the night storage aga its the cheapist to run around 150p per night, which you can even reduce further. The aims system is still having some problems and is not as good as the night storage. e mail me at my web site for further info. Regards Neal agaovenservice.co.uk
Who's online?

Denise-54

Join us here...

Click on a magazine title to see all its online features and news
Prima
Stain buster Our guide to removing smudges, spots, and other spills.
See more stain busting solutions >

Community

Directory View all offers

MORE FROM ALLABOUTYOU

View by magazine : View by magazine Prima