Most women suffer from cellulite and it’s not necessarily down to fat. Whatever your weight or size there are a variety of causes, from your skin type to decreased circulation. Cellulite ranges from minor cases, where it’s not visible when standing but creases when pinched, to severe where dimples can be seen when lying down. It can be a difficult thing to get rid of completely but by following some simple steps you could see a major difference in its appearance. Read on…
Skin brushing helps remove dead skin cells, stimulates circulation and boosts your lymphatic flow. This in turn encourages skin cell drainage which reduces cellulite. ‘For the best results brush twice a day using long strokes towards your heart,’ says Steve Quinn, founder of Dr. Organic.
‘Body brushing is a great way to break up fatty deposits and reduce the appearance of cellulite. Use smooth strokes and brush arms, legs and buttocks in an upward direction to give skin a boost,’ says Maria Hatzistefanis, founder and CEO of Rodial.
‘Give your skin a helping hand by keeping it moisturised and break down fat cells by kneading cellulite-affected areas. Conveniently, you can combine the two for a double-whammy! Apply body lotion in circular motions, speeding up the body's circulation and cracking down on fatty deposits,’ says Steve Quinn.
Try applying a sculpting and firming gel to help firm and tone stubborn areas. Use first thing in the morning after a shower to help the product become more deeply absorbed, says Maria Hatzistefanis.
1. Improve the appearance and moisture of problem skin by using this intensive gel twice a day for about a month. It helps to break down fatty deposits and improve the tone of your skin.
Rodial Body Sculpture, £75 www.space NK
2. This antioxidant massage cream is designed specially for cellulite affected areas. It will regenerate skin and strengthen connective tissue responsible for skin tightness, in turn preventing cellulite formation.
Dr Organic Organic Royal Jelly Cellulite Cream, £9.29,
1. After just one month of use you should notice a difference in the tone and appearance of your skin. This miracle oil will leave you with firm and perfectly smooth skin.
Birch Cellulite Oil, £19.95
2. Packed with a combination of active ingredients, this firming gel works to restructure your skin and increase micro-circulation to lift and tone.
Body firm, £32 www.crystalclear.co.uk
3. The soft bristles on this body brush will gently massage the skin, helping to stimulate skin micro-circulation and in turn reduce cellulite.
Body brush round, £8 www.thebodyshop.co.uk
You might also like...
Top tips on removing cellulite
10 ways to beat cellulite
More expert beauty tips
Posted by 11320Carol Muskoron