Get back to being slim: lose 7lb in a week
Dont panic if youve gained weight this summer our speedy slimdown will help you lose up to 7lb in 7 days, and detox too... By Catherine Mortimer
If youve overdone the ice-cream, pigged out on pizza or binged on booze over the holidays, our wonder diet is just for you. Its designed to burn fat fast and, as an added bonus, boosts your energy, skin and hair. Come on, what are you waiting for?
How it works
Just choose one breakfast, lunch and dinner per day from the suggestions.
Drink at least eight glasses of fluid daily, including water, sugar-free squash, diet drinks, herbal tea and decaffeinated tea or coffee, both without milk. No booze allowed on this plan.
Snacks Rather than food, we recommend you have a glass or two of our Super Smoothie each day to help shift toxins and get your system moving. Try using 1 tin of tomatoes, 1 carrot, 1 stick of celery, 1pt water, pinch of salt and pepper. Blend together until your preferred consistency. Makes three to four drinks and should be enjoyed fresh, so remake every few days. Keep in the fridge in an airtight container.
● Fruit salad: 1 small tin of drained peaches (in fruit juice), 1 sliced apple, a few prunes and 1 small pot of low-fat yoghurt.
● 30g bran flakes served with 1/3pt skimmed milk and topped with sliced strawberries.
● 1 poached egg on 1 slice of wholemeal bread with low-fat spread; half a grapefruit.
● 2 slices of Quorn bacon, 1 poached egg, a third of a tin of low-sugar baked beans, served with grilled tomatoes.
● 1 banana, halved and topped with 1 small pot of low-fat yoghurt and a handful of nuts and oats.
● 2 Weetabix with ½pt skimmed milk and half a grated apple as a topping.
● Spinach omelette: 2 scrambled eggs, 2 egg whites and spinach, all fried in low-fat spray oil, and grilled tomatoes.
● 1 can of tuna in spring water/brine, mixed with a large salad made with celery, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and grated carrot; 1 apple.
● 1 tortilla wrap filled with ham and salad. 1 small pot of low-fat yoghurt.
● 1 tin of non-creamy soup and 1 wholemeal roll.
● Any supermarket sandwich under 350 calories.
● Any supermarket salad bowl under 350 calories.
● 1 chicken breast, grilled and torn up into a salad of lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, grated carrot and 1 tbsp of sweetcorn; 2 oatcakes.
● 4 Ryvita crispbreads, served with thinly sliced red pepper and cucumber, cherry tomatoes, halved, and topped with 2 tbsp low-fat cottage cheese.
● 125g white fish topped with 2 tbsp salsa and served with 4 new potatoes and a big salad.
● 2 fishcakes served with green beans and carrots.
● 1 chicken breast, grilled and served with mashed sweet potato and broccoli.
● 1 turkey breast, grilled, torn into strips and fried with 1 small pack of supermarket stir-fry mix using low-fat spray oil (also add a little water if needed) and a splash of soy sauce, and served with a small handful of cooked noodles.
● 1 chicken breast roasted in the oven with a handful of butternut squash, 1 red pepper, halved, cherry tomatoes, a red onion and a sliced courgette.
● 1 salmon fillet baked in foil with lemon juice and served with 4 new potatoes and a big green salad.
● 2 boiled eggs and 1 slice of wholemeal toast cut into soldiers; 1 apple.
Please consult your doctor before starting this or any other diet plan
You might also like...
Read more on diets and weight loss