Try the liquid diet
Slim down fast by swapping one or two normal meals for a juice, a smoothie or soup. Follow our three-day plan and see the pounds go
How it works
For the next three days, choose one of our healthy breakfasts, lunches or dinners for one or two meals each day. Then choose one of our ‘lovely liquid’ meals as a substitute for the meal (or two) you’re missing out. Throughout the day, make sure you’re also drinking lots of water, green tea, or other no-calorie fluids to fill you up.
The three-day eating plan
● 2 eggs, scrambled, poached or boiled, served with grilled tomatoes and mushrooms.
● 50g porridge oats, made with water. Slice 1 or 2 pieces of fruit and scatter on top.
● 125g low-fat yoghurt, topped with 4-5 dried apricots.
● Unlimited salad veg topped with 100g tuna, salmon, prawns, chicken or lean roast beef.
● 200g jacket potato topped with 2 tbsp salsa and served with unlimited salad.
● 50g low-fat pâté, served with 3-4 Ryvitas and unlimited crudités.
● 100g sole, salmon or haddock, grilled and served with unlimited steamed green veg.
● 50g pasta, topped with 200g tomato sauce with lots of mushrooms, onion and peppers.
● 100g chicken with unlimited salad or stir-fried veg.
Try these lovely liquid meals
Ingredients: 1 medium beetroot, 2 celery sticks, 2 green apples, 1 cucumber.
How to: Wash, trim and chop all the ingredients. Put through a juicer and then drink straight away.
Wonderful watercress soup
Ingredients: ¼ chopped onion, 2 chopped potatoes, 600ml (1pt) chicken stock, 2 bunches watercress.
How to: Put onion, potatoes and stock in a pan and cook until potatoes soften. Add watercress, cook for 3 mins more. Blend in a liquidiser
Ingredients: ½ butternut squash, ¼ chopped onion, 1 peeled apple (cored and chopped), 400ml (14floz) vegetable stock, 1 pinch of chilli or curry powder, 1 red pepper, halved and deseeded.
How to: Put squash, onion and apple in a pan. Add stock and curry/chilli powder, bring to boil and simmer for 20 mins. Meanwhile, grill pepper until skin blackens. Cool and peel off skin. Chop pepper and add to soup. Blend. Reheat to serve.
Ingredients: 4 handfuls of any berry, 1 banana, 1 x 125g pot low-fat yoghurt, 2-3 handfuls ice cubes Splash of skimmed milk to thin, if desired.
How to: Place ingredients in a blender and whizz until smooth.