How to create a stunning bathroom
Create a stunning bathroom that will stand the test of time with advice from Rob Whitaker, creative director at Fired Earth
* A border is a cost-effective solution if you dont have the budget to use tiles over an entire wall or floor, and it helps to make a simple scheme look special.
* Choose key pieces with clean lines that wont date, then use tiles and accessories to keep your scheme looking fresh.
* For a subtle, decorative effect, combine tiles in a variety of soft neutral shades and interesting finishes.
* If youre thinking about using tiles from different ranges, bear in mind the depth of each. Any discrepancies can be countered by building up extra layers of grout at the installation stage to achieve a flush surface.
* Most floor tiles are suitable for use on walls as well as floors; using the same tile in different colours on the walls and floor can create a sleek, interesting effect.
Pictured: Wycombe basin and pedestal, £195; WC, £425; Retro Metro wall tiles, £69.70 a sq m; Moderna wall and floor tiles, £74.85 a sq m; Iridescent Glass Mosaic tiles, £499.55 a sq m; all Fired Earth