Declutter your home: living room storage
Restore an air of calm to a busy family space
● Double up on storage possibilities with dual-purpose furniture. Look for a storage side table or coffee table, with drawers beneath the table top to stash away magazines. Try the Hoxton coffee trunk, £325, Next, or find similar at www.lauraashley.com and wwww.furniturevillage.co.uk.
● Go for an uncluttered Scandi look with the clean, light tones of the Pinter range by Ercol at www.johnlewis.com. Use the sideboard, bookcase and glazed cabinets for storage, and add smaller pieces, such as a two-drawer media unit, coffee table and lamp table. Prices start at £199 for the lamp table.
● TVs are getting slimmer but larger. Save space by hanging yours on the wall with an adjustable bracket. Try www.johnlewis.com for versions you can angle for the best view. Or design a wall of storage with the TV as the focal point using modular systems from www.ikea.com.
● How many ornaments do you need? Less is more in theliving room, so pick your favourites and do away with the rest.
● Don’t just throw small items into a drawer, but organise storage so there’s a specific home for batteries, needles and thread, and candles.
Image: PR Shots
More home decorating ideas...