The best beds: buying tips
Bed feeling lumpy? Bag a comfy new one at a good price
● Choose a bedstead with sprung slats to support the mattress. These have more give and make the mattress feel more luxurious.
● Opt for a divan with a sprung base for added comfort.
● Splash out on a mattress with pocket springs. The quality tends to go up with the number of springs.
● Lie on the bed and slide your hand under the small of your back. If it fits easily, it may be too firm, but if it cant fit under at all, it may be too soft, says Chris Ward, director of marketing at Hypnos.
● Consider latex or viscoelastic foam mattresses to evenly support your body; price-wise theyre comparable with top-of-the range pocket-sprung mattresses. Or try a hybrid of pocket-sprung base with memory-foam top layer.
You might also like...
Image: PR Shots